Pages

Like it? Then share it!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chocolate Brownies @2013


The first baked goody for the year, Chocolate brownies.

I had some leftover chocolate icing for my cupcakes that wear served at a farewell dinner (I didn't manage to take photos with my DSLR (I'm using a Nikon D700), but did snap a picture which is posted on my instagram @mamabeas). It would be a sin to throw away an form of chocolate icing.


The brownies came out perfect. This is no ordinary brownie. It more of a cake base brownie, which uses cocoa powder rather than real chocolate. But it still tastes amazing! I had a piece myself already. The brownies wasn't too sweet, so to top it all off with a rather sweet icing made it a match in heaven. I'd give it a generous ten out of ten. Then again, it's easy for me to say cause I've tasted it and you guys only have pictures. Which is why I've decided to post my brownies recipe. I've adapted it from elsewhere and have made my twigs here and there. I know it is fool proof, so give it a go when you get the chance.

Recipe

Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients
5 Eggs, at room temperature
250- 300g caster sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like the brownies to be)
120g self rising flour
100g good baking cocoa powder
250g unsalted butter, melted

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (degrees not Fahrenheit), and line a baking tin (a brownies tin preferably) with baking paper
2. In a electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until all ingredients are well incorporated. Be careful not to over beat the mixture, it's always good to have the mixer on a low speed.
3. Pour in the melted butter and mix through.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is firm but the center is still a little soft.
5. Let to cool completely before spreading the icing over the top.

Shortly I will be posting up the buttercream icing I use for both my cupcakes and brownies (whenever there are leftovers). So keep an eye out for it. And please, leave comments below and I will answer them asap. Also, if you'd like to see daily picture posts, follow me on instagram 'mamabeas'.

Till then, enjoy peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment